Head of Housing Repairs & Enfield Repairs Direct - Place
Share this role
- London Borough of Enfield
- HOS3 (£75,579 to £91,776)
- Closing date:
- 15th October
- Job Ref:
Enfield is well positioned for growth and is ambitious in its approach to tackling the demand for good quality housing in the borough. Council owned housing that is secure, affordable and comfortable is central to our objectives and this is an important role that will help us deliver on our commitments for high quality services to residents.
Leading our new in-house repairs team and the ancillary contracts and services that will secure a high performing responsive repairs service is the focus of the role alongside developing a commercial growth strategy. Part of the Council Housing Senior Management team the postholder will also contribute to the Asset Management Strategy and our commitment to well-managed, safe places.
You will lead the service from a strategic and operational perspective, ensuring we deliver whilst working across a wide range of tenures and housing types including high rise blocks that are scheduled for major investment or regeneration.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working. Click here to find out more about our benefits.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Joanne Drew, Director of Housing and Regeneration on 020 8379 6457 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or email@example.com.
How To Apply
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
2. Your CV which includes your full work history since leaving full time education.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.