Property and Economy
Enfield Council’s new Property & Economy department brings together all the Council’s non-housing property functions into one comprehensive 360° service. We cover strategic asset management, construction, maintenance and facilities management, combined with economic development, for a holistic approach to commercial growth and sustainability. The team is responsible for optimising the use of the Council’s £1BN+ portfolio of general fund assets; including commercial, industrial, retail, office, leisure, operational and rural; plus significant planning, development and regeneration opportunities.
Strategic Property Services
SPS is a growing team of public sector property professionals, who are passionate about optimising Enfield Council's property assets to create community dividends.
We have created an ambitious new Strategic Asset Management Plan for Enfield, which will deliver on the Council's broadest corporate objectives, including economic growth, diversity, sustainability, well-being and new homes. We manage all 1,100 of Enfield's non-housing assets, from our own operational accommodation, to industrial estates, retail assets and farms in the Green Belt, with a current income of c.£8M p/a from our investment estate.
We act as the Council's Corporate Landlord, responsible for ensuring compliance across the portfolio. We undertake all aspects of property asset management, from leases and licences, to disposals, acquisitions, development deals and joint ventures. We are the custodians of all Enfield's Property Information and operate the Council's Asset Management System (AMS). We are also growing the Council's capacity and capability in GIS - Geographical Information Systems (mapped data).
Our aim is to have a comprehensive and qualified property team, to provide Enfield Council with an exemplar professional property service. Roles in the team include:
- Asset management surveyors – Commercial estate
- Asset management and compliance surveyors – Operational estate
- Development, disposals and acquisitions surveyors
- Property information officers
- AMS and GIS officers
Some recent/current projects include:
- Genotin Road Car Park redevelopment for office use by Enfield-based business Metaswitch.
- Whitewebbs Golf Course lease marketing, for re-purposing and creative new uses
- New Rural Portfolio Strategy
- Montagu Industrial Estate joint venture development project
- Two major shopping centre head-lease re-gears and re-development
- Specification and implementation of new AMS and GIS
Jessie Lea MRICS, Head of Strategic Property Services